Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Yumminess in Dearborn!

 
       
    My husband and I are visiting our families in Michigan for the week. First on the agenda was an old routine of breakfast at our favorite Arabic bakery. They make the most delicious Lahme Ajeen! It's gooey, juicy and all around yummy. We love to go very early, before the sun is even out, when all the windows are steamed up and the bread is fresh fresh fresh! In East Dearborn every other store is a bakery or food establishment of some sort. It's mostly Lebanese, but it has a mix of all the Middle Eastern flavors too.
    Aside from the authentic home cooked meals there are the many well stocked shops for any Arab household. You can take your pick at a favorite Shisha shop, pick out a nice Hijab, and grab a box of sweets that are a little taste of heaven. All on the same block might I add. 
   If anyone is in the Detroit area you must take a 5 minute drive down Warren Avenue. You will not be disappointed with the wonderful community of neighbors and friendly faces. 

"And hold fast, all of you together to the rope of Allah, and do not seperate." 
Surat Al Imran  {3:103} The Nobel Quran

5 comments:

  1. Assalamualaikum! :)
    I stumbled upon your blog from the Muslimah Bloggers Directory and simply had to leave a comment...I'm from Ohio (a bit south of Toledo) and so my parents and I make a trip to Dearborn once in a while and I agree that it is a beautiful place. We were just there a couple of days ago, had a delicious dinner at Al-Ameer restaurant and of course, stopped for desserts at Shatila Bakery. We also went to one of my favorite stores, Hijabee which isn't on Warren Ave. but not too far away. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wa Alaykum Salam. Thanks for visiting and enjoying Dearborn as much as I do. I like to go to Oriental Fashions on Schaefer, right off off Warren Ave. The service is so nice and they have thousands of Hijab and accessories for any occasion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely try to check it out next time, InshaAllah. :)

      Delete
  3. Salam sis! I live in southern Canada (just two hours away from Dearborn) I used to go there almost every weekend as a kid but I have not been there for a few years now, however reading your post has brought back so many wonderful memories of my time on warren ave! Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wa Alaykum Salam. Dearborn has a way of bringing out the best memories. Inshallah you can go back soon and see the many changes that have been made since your last visit. :)

      Delete