Monday, July 1, 2013

Fresh from the garden

  
While our visit to Michigan has come to an end, and I'm pleased to be taking back some wholesome goodness. My mom has a beautiful backyard garden with herbs, fruit trees, vegetables and plants growing abundantly. We picked mint, rhubarb, basil, parsley, tomatoes, flowers, and even a few weeds that grew in our path. There is nothing sweeter after a hearty meal then a cup of fresh picked mint tea to unwind with. Growing your own food-even it it's just herbs is so rewarding. My mom has such a green thumb and a passion for gardening that I hope it rubs off on me in my garden someday. I don't have a yard in New York, so coming here and just relaxing in her backyard was so peaceful. Inshallah I will have the space or small patch of grass to grow on. The duties, and responsibilities that come along with a garden can encourage an individual to be more patient, reliable, or to simply see the fruits of their labor that Allah (swt) has placed here for us to enjoy.

The Prophet Muhammad (P.B.U.H) has said, "If any Muslim plants any plant, and a human being or an animal eats of it, he will be rewarded as if he had given that much in charity."

1 comment:

  1. How beautiful, Alhamdullilah. Even gardening has such wonderful lessons to be learnt. Reminds me a lot of my Mom...she loves planting flowers.

    ReplyDelete